Sunday, October 23, 2011

Smoky Corn Chowder

One of my favorite cold-weather meals is my mom's corn chowder. It has a warmth that's good for the soul and a thickness that sticks to the bones. I needed a taste of home on this chilly Sunday in October, and decided corn chowder was just the ticket.



Ingredients:

1/4 cup chopped onion
4 Tbsp margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 cups milk
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 pkg little smokies sausages, sliced
4 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed

Saute onion in margarine until tender, but not brown.





Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.


Add milk.





Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.

Stir in cheese, sausage, and corn.






 Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Enjoy!




This is a very easy recipe and took a total of 30 minutes to prepare. I actually used turkey sausage little smokies this time and it turned out great. I guess that's the nutritionist in me coming out!







.

No comments:

Post a Comment