Thursday, October 27, 2011

Homemade Butterfingers

I have a serious sweet tooth. It's kind of a problem. When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I knew it was one I had to try for myself. It's originally from this blog.

The great thing about this recipe is that it has only three ingredients: chocolate, peanut butter, and candy corn. You heard me right... CANDY CORN!

Apparently when melted candy corn and peanut butter are mixed together something magical happens.

Ingredients:
1 lb. candy corm
16 oz. peanut butter
16 oz. chocolate candy coating

Melt the candy corn in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and heat again at 15 second intervals until completely melted.


{in case you were wondering, this is what melted candy corn looks like. interesting...}

Stir in peanut butter. I'll warn you; this part takes some elbow grease. I found it helped to mix as much as I could, put in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, then mix again.
{don't let the appearance fool you. it's delish}

Now the recipe said to spread the mixture in a 8x8 dish covered in parchment paper. However, I found it easier to use a rolling pin on wax paper and flatten it out sugar cookie style.

Let cool completely. I stuck mine in the refrigerator for a few minutes to speed up the cooling process. Cut into squares.

Dip each square into melted chocolate. I used Baker's Dipping Chocolate because it's super easy for dippin' stuffs in it.

{i never said it wasn't messy.}

I have no idea how to cover the whole square in chocolate. In order to make sure there is a bit-o-chocolate in every bite, I drizzled extra chocolate over each piece. Big grin, eyebrow wiggle.

I did this by filling a ziploc bag with melted chocolate, cutting the corner out, and going to town. If you're fancy you could use a piping bag. But I'm not fancy.


TA-DAAA!!

I'll be taking these to work tomorrow to prevent scarfing down the whole batch myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment