Sunday, November 6, 2011

In Good Company

Meet Suzanne.
{hanging out in the cubby above the closet in our dorm room sophomore year}

She was my very first friend at Auburn Univeristy. We were in the same Pi Chi group for sorority rush and bonded instantly. Obviously we were meant to be friends because we both pledged Alpha Omicron Pi. The rest was history.

{at an auburn football game freshman year}

I've mentioned the Auburn roomies before and this special lady was one of the original fabulous four.
While we added others to the roomie club, the four of us have been thick as thieves since the new member retreat at Camp Ascca two weeks into our freshman year. The convo on the bunk beds went something like this:

Mallory: "We should all live together on the hall next year."
Natalie: "We could put all four beds in one room and use the other as a living room!"
Suzanne: "And we can be best friends forever!"
Me: "Done."



{me, suz, mal, and nat- before the redneck riviera swap/social freshman year}

Five years later we are all living in different states (Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and New York) and persuing lives of our own. But we will jump on any chance to spend time together and pretend like we are all still college roomies with no worries in the world.

Imagine my excitement when Suzanne told me she was coming to Milledgeville to visit this weekend! She was my first non-family/non-boyfriend guest and I couldn't have been happier to have someone to share this beautiful fall weekend with. Waiting for Friday afternoon was like waiting for Christmas morning. It couldn't get here quick enough.

Friday night we went to dinner at The Brick in downtown Milledgeville and split an appetizer that could have fed a small army. We went on a quick tour of the town, including a drive-by of the new Kroger that opened last week. It's supposedly the largest in the state and kind of a big deal. Oh the joys of living in a small town. We stayed up until 2am watching movies, eating cookies and pretzel M&Ms, and talking about everything under the sun.

Saturday morning we got a late start. We had our morning coffee and ate strawberry muffins for breakfast at 11am! Later, we went to Macon, GA for a Christmas craft show at the convention center. It was comparable to Holiday Market in Montgomery for all of my Alabama friends. We browsed all of the booths, tasted most of the dip, soup, and hot chocolate samples, and both purchased Auburn shaped cookie cutters.


We spent our evening eating crock-pot potato soup (will post recipe later) and watching the National Championship Bama v. LSU football game. I apologize to all of my Bama friends. I'm afraid that my actually wanting Alabama to win a football game was a kiss of death. I promise it will never happen again. Please forgive me.

We each caught the other up on our new favorite TV shows. Mine is Once Upon a Time and hers is Pan Am. They actually air back-to-back on ABC on Sunday nights. We stayed up until 2am for the second night in a row watching the previous episodes of both shows. If you're looking for a great way to spend your Sunday nights, I highly recommend tuning into ABC from 8pm-10pm (7pm-9pm for you Alabama folks).

We got up this morning, drank our coffee, and prepared Suz for her long journey back to Dothan, AL. She said her goal was to make it back in time to fill her mom in on Once Upon a Time and watch the new episodes of our shows tonight.

It was so nice to have company this weekend. While I enjoy my downtime and have learned to appreciate weekends alone in Milledgeville, it was so nice to spend this weekend with one of my best friends. I actually told her last night that I felt like she was still my roommate and that I was starting to forget that she didn't actually live here.



{tailgating in auburn a few weeks ago}


That's all for now. I'm off to pass the time while I eagerly await the big news I'll recieve tonight. Please pray that I am content with whatever answer I get. I am trusting in God's will for my life and know that my future is in his hands. Great things are on the horizon and I am excited to see what the future holds. I'll share more when I know more.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment