Sunday, September 25, 2011

Here we go...

I've been reading blogs for a while now, but am new to blogging myself. So bear with me as I figure this thing out...

I semi-recently moved from Alabama to Milledgeville, GA to work as a WIC nutritionist. I left the comfort of family and friends for a new town, a new big-girl job, and a new experience of living completely on my own. In my first few weeks of "freedom", I found myself focusing on being alone and second-guessing my decision to accept a job so far from everything familiar. My job was hard and I came home every day to an empty house with no one to talk to. To say I was lonely would be the understatement of the century.

I finally decided the only way to "fix" the situation was to change my attitude. I made the conscious decision to find something that made me happy every day. I started cooking new things and trying new classes at the gym. I would stroll through the antique stores in downtown Milledgeville and take in the beauty of the adorable little town I now call home. As the weather got warmer, I would spend my weekends reading by the lake or laying out by the pool. I learned the difference in being alone and being lonely.

I can't say that I don't still have bad days, but I am learning to find joy in the little things and to not waist time worrying about things I can't control. I want to use this blog as a way to hold myself accountable to finding joy every day. I plan to share the little moments that help make life enjoyable and hope I can encourage others to do the same. Life is short, so why sweat the small stuff?

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment